Structural Ceiling is heavy grade suspended ceiling system consisting of extruded aluminum grid, capable of providing structural connection and/or direct suspension of systems such as cable trays and other utilities, partition head-tracks, and containment barriers as required for data halls.
Structural Ceiling and Data Center Grid ceiling are same, used mainly in data centers.
Structural ceiling, also known as Data Center Structural Grid, is mainly used in data centers, specifically within the white space or data hall where all the IT equipment are installed.
Structural ceiling in data centers serves dual-purpose of being a suspended Drop Ceiling and Structural grid capable of providing structural connection and/or direct suspension of overhead systems such as cable trays, busbars and other utilities, partition head-tracks, and containment barriers commonly required in data centers.
- The structural ceiling design serves the dual purpose of both a acoustical drop ceiling system and structural support for overhead utility distribution
- The structural ceiling grid provides an attachment or suspension platform for containment barriers, partitions, or surface mounted equipment, cable trays, busbars, light fixtures.
- Direct suspension of overhead cable distribution
- Greater installation and routing flexibility of distribution systems and partitions
- Totally accessible overhead data center ceiling grid allows for simple expansion, upgrade or distribution system changes
- Reduces the amount of interstitial support steel by up to 50%
- No drop ceiling penetrations means no harmful debris that can damage electronic equipment.
Main Runners and Cross Tees forming a grid size of 1200mm x 600mm or 600mm x 600mm, shall have a continuous M10-1.5 Screw Slot thread boss feature to allow direct attachment for services such as cable trays, busbars, utility racks, partition wall system head tracks, surface-mounted lighting fixtures, soft-wall curtain tracks or other accessories.
Aluminum lay-in type ceiling tiles are most commonly used with data center structural ceiling grid ceiling system along with aluminum perforated tiles or metal wire mesh tiles for hot aisle zones. Gypsum tiles with vinyl finish is also used in structural ceiling grid ceiling.